Applications for Full-Time Faculty Positions
TENURE TRACK POSITION AT UTFSM (Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María) 2022
VALPARAÍSO & SANTIAGO, CHILE
The Department of Informatics at UTFSM (Chile) invites applications for tenure-track professor position, to work in Valparaíso and Santiago.
- Teach informatics courses, both at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Conduct research activities leading to publications and funding grants.
- Supervise undergraduate final projects, and master's and PhD students.
- Ideally, participate in continuing education programs and outreach projects.
- Target expertise: as mentioned in the “call for applications” of your interest.
- Hold, or about to obtain, a doctorate in Informatics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Strong research potential, as shown with recent publications in refereed scientific conferences and journals.
- Teaching experience in informatics at university level, and ability to communicate in English. Spanish is the undergraduate teaching language, but English can be used in graduate courses.
- Clear potential for teamwork and project articulation.
- Industry experience is considered an asset.
THE DEPARTMENT, UNIVERSITY, AND COUNTRY
Chile is the most stable and highest average income country in Latin America. Santiago is a fast-paced metropolis, and Valparaiso is a UNESCO Heritage of Humanity city 110km (1 hour) away.
Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María (UTFSM, www.utfsm.cl) is a leading science and technology school in Chile, consistently ranked as top-3 university in the nation and among the highest scientific impact ratio in Latin America. Created in 1929, it offers professional degrees in most engineering areas, hard sciences, architecture and aeronautics, at its 5 campuses in Valparaiso, Viña del Mar, Santiago, and Concepción.
The Department of Informatics (www.inf.utfsm.cl) was created in 1981, and was the first in Chile to offer Informatics Engineering. It currently has 28 faculty members, who hold doctorates from Germany, France, U.S.A., Brazil and Chile; and tens of part-time instructors. It grants professional engineer degrees (with 4-, 5- and 6-year programs), magister, and doctorate (all of them nationally accredited); its continuing education branch grants a professional masters and several post-graduate certificates. The Department has activities in Valparaiso and Santiago.
3 Tenure track positions will be open at the end of May 2022.
The location will be Santiago and we are looking for, but not exclusively, profiles on: Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering and Information Systems.